Well, now that I know that I have a fan (Jamie), I guess I'll have to post something once in a while.
Yes, it's my last week in Hawaii and I'm glad. I don't hate Hawaii or the people, I just miss my family and Utah. Hawaii is starting to become my second home. I've made some good friends this time around. The perfect arrangement would be to come out here for work from October to May and then go back to Utah for the other six months. The weather is awesome, the scenery is breathtaking, the people are great, but it isn't home. The other downsides are the cost of living (astronomical, but not as bad as California) and it is a small island (Oahu) so one tends to feel isolated.
I leave on Friday night and will arrive in Utah on Saturday morning. I've been taking it easy... too easy. I'm supposed to be preparing for a PRT in a couple of weeks but the closer it gets, the more I detest exercising. I hate it anyway, but having to be tested on it makes it that much worse. It's my last one (cross my fingers) since I'll be going IRR (inactive ready reserve) beginning in September. After that, I'll have two more years left on my contract and I can almost guarantee I won't be resigning.
I finally got out and snorkeled; three months here and I've only been snorkeling once. I went with a bunch of my friends. I've also had the opportunity to go to the temple in Laie a couple of times; sadly, more than I usually go at home.
On the homefront, Micaela hired someone else to finish our pantry and I've been impressed with how fast he's progressed. I haven't heard if he's finished (I'm sure he has), but I also haven't heard any complaints from the Misses.
Eliza actually stood up on her own without any support of any kind! While Mic was in the playroom with her, Eliza just randomly stood up. I don't think she's done it since, however. I wonder if she's just not wanting to learn how to walk right now.
Hannah's finally starting (the key word being starting) to want to complete her potty training. You know the Iraq War? I was beginning to think Hannah's potty training was like that: a lost cause.
Justin leaves for an internship in DC the day before I get home. He'll be gone for three months as well.
This is probably the last time I'll write before I go home.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Travis,
I am your bigggest fan and I check your blog often (like a couple times a week) I am obsessed with blogging especially since I live so far away and it keeps me in touch with many people. I also use my blog as a journal, so I enjoy writing.
I can't believe Eliza is standing, WOW, they grow up fast. I am jealous that Hannah is potty trained. I started for 2 days with Xander then he broke out into a rash and a fever and we couldn't potty train for over a week (dr's order with the rash) and so I have decided to wait till after the baby is here.
I am jelous you are headed back to Utah, I wish I was too. I like NC, but like you said Utah is home.
Good luck with the tests!!
Post a Comment