Later that day, we went down to my parent's home to visit for Mother's Day and give her some gifts. When we got home, I started feeling sick and it went downhill from there.
I had an awful night and was aching all over my body. In addition, my throat and stomach weren't feeling well. I ended up staying home from church with Eliza, who was also sick. Even today, I'm feeling a little queasy, but I'm improving.
We've had another contractor over to finish our pantry, which Michael never got to because we fired him. If you don't know about that already, send Mic a PM on her Facebook account. She'll tell you all about it. Our new contractor is much more reliable and good to work with.
By the way, what's wrong with you Utahn's? I think I specifically requested good weather when I got home from Hawaii; after all, that's why I chose Feb-May timeframe for my business trip: to avoid the cold Utah weather.
I've got a lot of projects on the table now that I'm home, but it's taking me longer to recuperate than I realized it would. I think I'll be pretty busy during the next few weeks catching up.
One thing that's encouraged me is Eliza is pulling herself up to standing (with support) a lot more than when I was here last. She's still pretty clumsy when we help her walk. We think it's a sensory problem. On a sad note, Hannah is really struggling with her potty training. We don't know how we can convince her that it's much better to use the toilet than stay in diapers. It's really concerning because she'll be four in less than a month and should be starting pre-school this August.
The home looks a lot better with the improvements; I especially like the new master bedroom. I've included some before/after pictures.

This is looking to what is now our bedroom closet

This is our bedroom closet after the remodel

The side opposite the bedroom closet
2 comments:
Your bedroom looks great! I love it when big projects are done and actually turn out nice.
I am sorry to hear about potty training. I don't have any advice since I stopped with Xander.
I hope you get feeling better. That is miserable to finally be home and not enjoying it fully because your sick.
I signed up for a face book acct. today but don't know how to use it yet so I may be calling mic for advice since she seems to love it.
We had bad weather here it has rained for 2 days and it makes me sad when it's cold and rainy cause it rains so bad you don't want to go anywhere because your soaked from just running to the car. Luckily its in the 70's today so its getting better and supposed to be in the high 80's tomorrow.
Thanks for the update!
It is so great to hear the update. I hear a of a website that helps with potty training. I don't remember the exact name so you will have to Google it. It is something to do with potty training in three days .com or something like that. Of course, I don't have any kids to potty train so I don't know how good the method is but it might be worth looking at.
Post a Comment