Well, I'm alone because my wife and daughters went to my brother-in-law's new house to help clean. I didn't get home from work until after they left. I was gonna read a book I checked out from the library, but it looks like Mic already took it back.
Anyway... I have been serving in the Young Men auxillary since around March of this year. Initially, I was called as the second counselor, but prior to our leaving for Hawaii, the president moved and with the new president, I was called as the first counselor. I've enjoyed working with the youth; it's reinvigorating. However, I'm not pleased with the organization. Through the last two presidents, we haven't had a single presidency meeting. Currently, we're having issues planning more than a few months out. The disorganization is appalling. We were supposed to all be at a meeting this last Sunday, but I was the only one there (admittedly, I had forgotten to call the teacher's quorum president on Saturday night); the president wasn't event there. So church, starts and no sign of the president. We're down to the last meeting, Young Men, when he finally shows up and asks me to teach the priests. To be fair, his wife just had a baby; and I expect that he'll miss a meeting here and there. But he doesn't even call me and he almost always seems totally unprepared. This is just one example of the issues we face. Don't even get me started with the scouting program in this ward.
Despite the problems, I love this ward (much better than my last ward where I never really felt like I was welcomed). There are some wonderful people here, but we are really lacking in priesthood leaders.
Other news: Shellie had a birthday on the 23rd and Mic will be having a B-day on November 4th.
That's about all.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! I didn't return your book to the library. I had just 'put it away'. :D
Post a Comment