Sunday, October 7, 2007

Eliza, Orrin Hatch, and other Stuff

After our anniversary trip, life's been kind of... boring. But things are still happening.

On September 25th, Eliza started crawling. Unlike Hannah, Eliza never scooted. And unlike Hannah, she'd rather be held than crawl. However, she's getting faster by the week and does like to investigate the house, even the cat food. She's growing fast, a lot faster than Hannah did. She's now over 20 pounds; Hannah struggled to get 20 pounds at one year. Unfortunately, she wakes up a minimum of four times during the night.

I've been 1st counselor in the Young Men's presidency since July. I never was excited to accept the call, but I've grown to like it over the months and feel comfortable around the young men I'm over. Activity is tough and inconsistent among the young men. It's something we work on.

On Friday night while shopping at the Albertsons on the corner of 9th West and North Temple we ran into one of Utah's senators, Orrin Hatch. When I first saw him he had his back to him and I thought he was well-dressed for shopping at Salt Lake's ghetto Albertsons. Later, I saw his face and knew it was him; his wife also called him by name and there was no doubting it then. He looked like a fish out of water and frankly, we were quite surprised he was shopping at that particular Albertsons. When we thought about it though, he must have just returned from D.C. and was in town for the LDS General Conference. That Albertsons is between the airport and downtown.

Fall is here and every weekend since our trip it's rained. Though I dislike the timing, we need the moisture after the hot and dry summer we've had.

That's all I have for now.

1 comment:

Salt Lake Boy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.