It's been far too long.
We are now back in Murray living in Grandma Challises basement apartment. We sold our Salt Lake home in anticipation of a job transfer, expected to happen in June. We put up our house in early January thinking it would take us a while to sell. We were surprised when someone put in an offer within the first week. After some minor issues, we were able to move out in early February. It was an aggravating house, but a good one too. I learned a lot from all of the fixes we had to make and I learned what to update in a house when one wants to sell it.
Actually, everything just fell into place. Grandma Challises basement apartment was going to be vacant until June and she needed someone to come live here (as she has been having many health problems). She was ecstatic when she learned that we sold our house because Micaela was so helpful the last time we lived here. It's also interesting to note that her health has been doing so much better since we've been here. It seems that Someone is looking out for us all.
The ward has gotten a lot better since the last time we were here. I was more than ready to get outta here the last time. The positive changes have come largely in part because several people have moved out and have been replaced by much more pleasant folks. Micaela wasn't treated well in her calling as a choir director and we were snubbed by some couples in the ward. Bottom line, a lot of worldly, unfriendly people.
Now it's different, there's some kind couples in the ward, and I think I've changed some too.
On to other news: When Eliza saw that the deacon who would be passing the sacrament to us was a little husky, she asked, "Mommy, he has a baby in his tummy?" several times. I had a hard time not laughing (not because the kid was big, but because... Kids say the darndest things). It's funny how little kids will take what you say about one person (she has a big belly because she's pregnant) and apply it to everything else.
Hannah is doing well in school. Her best subject is math (pilot in the making) and she's beginning to sound out words. She and Eliza play together really well. Hannah is a natural leader while Eliza is a follower.
As the weather has gotten better the girls have been playing outside more. I must say some of my happiest moments are watching them play together outside and talking to them about topics such as Canadian Geese, the snow on the mountains, and where Sam the Cat is buried. It's fun to see them explore and wonder at the world around them. I hope my kids never become disconnected with the real world in favor of the digital world.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is so good to see the update! I am so excited for you guys to be in Fillmore. Mic will have to have girl time.
Post a Comment